Thursday, August 16, 2007

You Know that Saying?

"When the cat's away, the mice will play."

Try this one: "When Pete's unseen, her mom will clean!"

Cheesy, right? But here's the thing. It's true. And now I can see the floor in Pete's room. All of it! The whole thing! I thought, since she's at Nana's today, and while Lulu is napping, I would take advantage of the me time I had and, instead of eating bon-bons and reading with my feet up, I would clean up Pete's room. She made her bed before she left so aside from having to investigate what the lump halfway down under the covers was (turns out it was a blanket), I didn't have to mess with that. And after more than an hour of steadily and correctly putting everything where it belongs, I have to admit that I did some general stuffing of things into their approximate places. But the important stuff, like her music and books, I did first so that got put away right. Now I need to vacuum, but that's going to have to wait until after lunch so Lulu doesn't wake up prematurely.

Phew!

Now I want bon-bons! That might just be the steroids talking, though.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails