Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Mystery Solved

Lulu has little abrasions on the back of her fingers from cramming her hands into her mouth, her whole hands fingers first, sometimes both at once. Fortunately she's outgrown the idea that it's fun to gag herself and is just putting her hands into her mouth. It seemed like a lot for a tiny front tooth (what are those? incisors?), but I thought, seeing that she just got tooth #7, a tiny front tooth, a week or so ago, that she was cutting tooth #8, and I was almost right. But here's the thing: I was wrong about where the tooth was coming through. She's got a molar! And two more on their way that I can see! No wonder I never see her fingers anymore! And there are big spaces on her gums where the rest of the teeth I thought she'd get before her molars came in are supposed to be. This kid! Well at least we know why she's always got wet hands. And maybe I can start feeding her raw fruits and veggies soon. And at least three of them have already cut the gums with little or no sleep disruption.

She's got molars! I wonder if she'll let us brush them...

2 comments:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

PH has them too! Surprised the heck out of me! I found out when he BIT ME WITH THEM. Oh, well...

Had a thought about the veggies- what about cold peas or even edamame? Who DOESN'T like edamame??

bel said...

She won't eat peas no matter what the temperature (although I haven't tried frozen). She won't even eat them mixed with macaroni and covered in cheese sauce. She just eats the macaroni and then plays with the sauce. If she finds a pea, she actually removes it from her plate.

Related Posts with Thumbnails