Friday, September 28, 2007

It's Probably Nothing...

Since Pete's tic has been going on for more than a month, I called the nurse about it today. I've been meaning to do that for a week or two, but [insert excuse here] (BAD MOM!). I'm sorry! Get off my case. I did it today! Yeah, I know, Bad Mom.

So the nurse asked all these questions, "Does she have any physical tics?" "Has she shown signs of seizure?" "How is the mobility in her neck?" etc. Then she transferred me to the appointment line. But here's the thing. She didn't tell me why we needed to make an appointment, and I didn't think to ask until the appointment lady picked up (I couldn't have made an appointment then anyway because all they were scheduling then were morning appointments and Pete is on a field trip and won't be back until lunchtime). Oh! So I apologized and hung up and called Husbandguy who was very nice and seemed to be thinking straighter than Low-Blood-Sugar Bad Mom and he said, "Call the nurse back," and didn't say, "Duh!" And I did (call the nurse). But first I made myself some chocolate milk, which helped a lot.

So Pete's got an appointment this afternoon with her actual doctor, not just whoever is first available, and it is early enough that she might even get here before Ginger (she might not if she was coming on the bus). DH is going to take her. DH and I are thinking that it's probably nothing because we're her parents and don't want it to be something. I'll let you know what they say.

Oh! I just remembered something that might be important! I have to call DH and remind him to mention her sleepwalking...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails