Monday, September 24, 2007

Hey! Wait a Minute!

So, on Saturday, we let Husbandguy pick where we had lunch and ended up going out for pizza at a place with lots of TV (so DH could watch football). While we were there, a couple came in. They might have been students from the university; we were close to there. I didn't notice them really at first, but after they'd been there for a while, I noticed that the lady was very pretty. So I said to DH, "That lady is pretty," and he said, "Very pretty!" right away without having to look around or think about it or anything. Huh?! I'm not a jealous person usually. The whole time DH and I have been together, there has only been one woman who made me even remotely jealous, and that was because he treated her the way he treated me when we were first dating (without all the kissing and stuff - he just payed attention to her), but even then I wasn't worried - just jealous, you know? And we often comment on pretty ladies we see. But his answer this time, and the quickness of it, totally caught me off guard, and I think I might have felt a little jealous! I don't mind if DH notices and appreciates pretty ladies. It would be unreasonable for me to expect him not to. He's got eyes. So what was my problem this time, then? It was weird. I didn't like the way it felt. So I told him. And he laughed at me. And I laughed too. She was very pretty.

2 comments:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

Do you know what? I TOTALLY check chicks out. Like, Hey, Husband, isn't that girl pretty? And he's all, Hunh? What girl? and I'm all, That Girl. I don't know why I do that, but it sounds like you do it too. And I wouldn't like it if he agreed too much, either.

bel said...

Normally I don't mind if he agrees. It was just that this time he had already noticed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails