Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Good and the Bad

The good was that there was no disagreement among the people at my committee meeting last night. We were all on the same page.

The bad was that my committee consisted of me, a 5 year-old, a stuffed elephant, and a stuffed chihuahua.

Now I need your help. I finally heard from the other people who were supposed to be there last night and they want to reschedule. I need their help so I don't want to chase them off by telling them how I really feel, but I want to let them know how inconvenient and annoying it was that I drove all the way to the school and waited for them and they didn't show up. Moomie suggested that I make it part of scheduling the next meeting. Something like, "If you can't make it this time, please let me know ahead of time..." What do you think? Leave comments!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The suggestion to ask them to let you know ahead of time is a good one. But don't even let it in your voice that you were or are annoyed. Alieanation is counterproductive. No matter how annoyed you are, the silent mind set needs to be "Oh, yoiu weren't there? I barely noticed, and I'm so glad you want to reschedule."

Related Posts with Thumbnails