Thursday, July 26, 2007

The First Tomato


Pete and Moomie picked our first tomato yesterday. They decided that even though it needed to be picked, it wasn't quite ready to eat yet so Moomie didn't get to try it like Pete and I had planned. Which is too bad because I don't think I'm interested in eating any (seeing as I really don't like tomatoes), and it would be nice for Pete to be able to share it with someone. Maybe Husbandguy will try a piece. Maybe Lulu will discover that she really does like tomatoes after all. Maybe we'll have unexpected company who want tomatoes. Maybe VW and Ginger like tomatoes...
We've got two more on the plant that this one came from. Actually we've got three more, but one of them has been pea-sized for a month so I don't think we're getting a tomato out of that one. Our other two plants have a total of six beginning tomatoes. So we have potential of sharing with Moomie later this summer...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails