Wednesday, July 11, 2007

It's a Big Job

So, since I got all excited when I saw that I was going to recover our files and just randomly crammed data onto CDs, as much as would fit on each, our photos and other files are all mixed up and I'm trying to figure out how to get them organized in the most efficient way (with the least amount of work - because who has time to sit around organizing all day - what would the girls do?). My first idea was to create a catalog of what is on which disk, and I discovered that I can print a contact sheet in Picasa so I can actually see the photos, too, but considering that I have hundreds and hundreds of files, meaning a ton of typing because I can't figure out any way to copy the file names, etc. into my spreadsheet, that way will take a really long time. Another idea I had is to organize the photos into folders, maybe by date the way they used to be, and save them back onto CDs. That wouldn't take as long, but then we'd have these 10 CDs of stuff that we'd just have wasted (the CDs would be wasted, not the stuff), in a way. But I haven't ruled that out either. Another idea I had is to go back in time and organize the files before I burn the original CDs. That seems like the most efficient choice, but I'm starting to think it's not very practical. I'm open to suggestions if anybody has any...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails