Sunday, May 11, 2008

When the Mice Are Away

Last night I stopped at DQ on my way home after Husbandguy picked up the girls at my friend's house. I had Really Bad for Me dinner at 4:00, and then put on my pajamas and bought "Enchanted" on PPV, and just sat around all night. Now, it's lunchtime and I'm still in my pajamas. I woke up at 9:00 this morning (after not even a particularly late night last night) and didn't feel like I'd slept too much. That hasn't happened in forever. So I drank too much coffee and watched an old Sally Field movie, and now I'm doing laundry and considering getting around so I can go to the library before The Family gets home from Nana's Mother's Day celebration. I was thinking for a minute that it's a good thing I'm not single without kids because I'd be a waste, but then I realized that not having Momstuff to do wouldn't necessarily mean I'd eat cheeseburgers and milkshakes and watch movies and sleep late all the time. 'Cause if I could do that all the time, it wouldn't be novel and I'd probably have a terrible headache if I did anyway.

I miss my family, but this was nice. We should do it more often.

Last night, Pete and Lulu called to tell me good night and that Nana said I should be there too (whatever). Pete was all excited because she was in her pajamas sitting outside on the back deck, which did sound very cool and fun, and she was annoyed that I watched "Enchanted" without her. Then Lulu got on the phone and she said, "Hi, Mommy. I POOPED!" Aw! She's so sweet!! Only a little sorry I missed that...

And when they get home, I think I've still got a little more M-Day special treatment coming. What a nice weekend.

3 comments:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

I am In Love with the movie Enchanted, primarily because of the subtext of disney songs in the background (did you notice??). I was all alone most of today, too, and I enjoyed it. The only downside was that I had to cook for myself and there is no ice cream here. But that last part will shortly be remedied. And your girls will have fun, so that's good.

On my 30th birthday, Husband's sister came to town and wanted to eat at - get this - Waffle House. So we did b/c she's never in town. Waffle House. For my 30th Birthday Dinner. Jesus.

Tigriswillreign said...

I'm so jealous! Mother's Day may as well not have even happened for me.

bel said...

I'm sorry, Dana! You should have come watch "Enchanted" with me!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails