Thursday, May 15, 2008

I Told Him!

Stupid medicine. When my doctor called yesterday to set up a steroid treatment for some MS stuff that's happening right now, I started to say that since it was getting close to the weekend and it might be hard to schedule the nurse and stuff, maybe I should just take the oral steroids, even though the IV work better and are easier to recover from, and he interrupted me and said they would have someone come out today so I agreed to it. But the nurse's office just called and they can't come until SATURDAY and they have to set up delivery of the medicine anyway. Pete and I have the ballet on SATURDAY AFTERNOON so if they can't come before 11, something won't work. Grrr! This sucks. I could be TAKING the oral steroids TODAY. Plus, my doctor had me schedule an appointment with his office on Tuesday, thinking that would be several days after I finished the medicine, but this way it will only be THE NEXT day and (although it will be easier for me to drive there because I should still have it in my system and won't be all crashed) that kind of negates the "give the medicine time to work before we see you" part of his plan. I'm sure I should call him, but I think I'm too upset to make any sense and not blubber, and it is probably too late to cancel the IV stuff anyway. But the wool leg warmer feeling in my legs is really kind of uncomfortable, and I wish I didn't have to wait until Saturday. Actually Sunday before I'll notice a difference. This sucks.

In a minute I'll be calmer and call the doctor. Then you'll get another post later after they call and tell me there's nothing they can do.


the grandpa said...

I'd still go ahead and call him. At least you can talk about your appointment. Sorry I didn't read this earlier before the doctor's offfice probably closed. But there is always tomorrow morning.

Mommy's Nintendo said...

I did call him, pretty much right after I posted this, and 3 hours later his assistant called back and said, "Blah, blah, blah, but he still wants you to have the nurse come do the IV." The blahblahblah part was what he thought we might do in the meantime, while I wait for the nurse, but basically his suggestions were just more hassle and no help and even more discouraging and I decided to just wait until Saturday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails