Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Waiting for News

So yesterday, after Pete's bus dropped her off, it was involved in an accident. At the second to last stop, a little girl who had been riding her bike in the street got pinned under the bus. She is currently in the hospital in either critical or serious condition (the reports are mixed). The bus driver has been suspended pending the investigation. With pay. I like this bus driver. She made a point of telling me that Pete was having trouble sitting on the bus and that she didn't want to write her up but would have to if it didn't improve and so we've been working together with Pete and haven't had any trouble in weeks (months?). We ran into her at a restaurant once and chatted a little. She just seems really nice. I am seriously hoping the investigation doesn't change my opinion. But nobody knows anything! The principal called everyone last night (not personally - they have this cool automated recorded message thing) and sent an email too, and she sounded really upset in her message. It was difficult for me to listen to. She knew just a little more than the local news seemed to know, and that's all the info we have still. I'm not sure why it's so important to me to know everything. It's terrible that it happened, but we don't know the little girl - she doesn't even go to Pete's school. Normally I'd be a little interested if I heard something but wouldn't think twice about it after a while, but for some reason I'm waiting for every detail on this one. I don't have anything to say about it really. I guess I just needed to get it out. I hope everyone comes out of this okay.

Since we didn't know the little girl, we decided not to bring it up with Pete but we're prepared to answer questions after school today because I'm sure she'll hear, and it is her bus driver. She doesn't take the bus on Tuesday, though, so maybe tomorrow...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails