Thursday, October 25, 2007

When It Rains, It Pours

And today I mean that figuratively and literally. It is actually raining. And sometimes, like when Pete was outside waiting for the bus and probably later when Lulu and I are trying to get from our car into the store, it is actually pouring. And also, everyone is sick. Lulu's still got some blisters on her lower lip (the ones on her tongue are not bothering her anymore), and when she sleeps she sweats so much that it's like someone threw a bucket of water on her and it wakes her up. On the plus side, the little extra rash she had on her arms and legs that seemed unrelated to the HFMD is clearing up today (probably because I was going to call the nurse about it - it'll come back now that I've decided not to call but not early enough in the day to actually call today). Then I woke up with a headache and don't want to eat anything. That seems to be getting a little better. But the other uncomfortable problem I'm having, which I'm not going into detail about, isn't getting any better. Yet. Husbandguy is still limping around. Pete had to wear her new raincoat that she doesn't like because it is stinky and only cost $2.50 even though it looks Super Cute on her and keeps her dry. And our weekend plans were cancelled (it's really okay, TG). Well, not cancelled. Postponed. And not for very long. And there's a PTA meeting tonight. Yuck!

On the plus side, Lulu doesn't go to school on Thursday and so they won't be calling me about the blisters and rash, which would reappear if she had school today for sure. And she can go with me and get my other problem taken care of. I was able to drink coffee even though I didn't eat anything with it. DH can wear two socks again. And Pete will be happy because not visiting TG this weekend means that we can use our discount coupons and go to Carowinds, probably, and we still get to see TG and Meme later. And I don't have to finish all the laundry today so I can pack tomorrow. And we'll have more time to clean up the house before Moomie comes on Tuesday to watch the girls while DH and I meet with Pete's teacher to hear how smart she is. And DH can go to work on Monday (woo-hoo for DH!). So it's not all storm clouds and umbrellas.

Hey, did the Red Sox win last night?

Oh, and by the way, I don't mind the literal rain.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails