Monday, October 15, 2007

Piano Lessons

I'm not exactly sure what the difference is with Pete's piano lessons, but her whole attitude about the piano has really changed! She comes to me now and asks me to help her practice instead of me always having to remind her. She's even more patient with me when I make suggestions when she's having trouble with something. She got out her theory book on her own and worked on it by herself until she needed my help with instructions. She's only had two lessons with her new teacher, but each time she has gone in and been confident, saying things like, "I can do it," and, "Let me show you," instead of, "Do I have to?" and, "Are we done yet?" Her teacher has given her a ton of pieces to learn each week, and this week she had five or six pages to do in her theory book. She has learned her pieces and finished her theory (she's a Pro at drawing the treble clef sign!) and is clearly proud of what she accomplished. I'm honestly sorry that I hurt VW by switching to a professional piano teacher, but I don't regret it at all. I know it was the right thing to do for Pete.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails