Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Post That's Not About the Dog!

The other day, the Grandpa suggested that I write a synopsis of my novel. That sounded to me like a really good way to get started, since I've been having trouble just writing the thing. I am about 3/5 of the way through it, and here's what I've discovered. I think the reason that I can't start actually writing it is that I don't really have a beginning. The middle and end are fairly well developed (I think - I haven't actually written down the ending, yet), but if I write a novel that starts the way my synopsis starts, you all will get bored and give up before you get to the interesting parts. I would.

This is what they mean by work-in-progress...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might find a couple of ideas at the Word Mechanic blog.

Tigriswillreign said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm soooo excited! I can't wait to read your synopsis! I'm the same way with writing. I usually have great middles and ends but nadda for the beginning. I think most authors work backwards. Beginnings just aren't as much fun as later on. They're so developmental...

Related Posts with Thumbnails