Thursday, July 10, 2008

Possible Parvo

It's not right that the morning that Howie actually told me he needed to go out and I picked up on it before he had an accident is the same morning that we had to leave him at the vet overnight to see if he has a terrible, incurable puppy virus that may or may not kill him but will cost $1000+ to treat either way.

Maybe we're not dog people...

3 comments:

The Grandpa said...

You absolutely are if you took him to the vet.

What's the disease?

Mommy's Nintendo said...

Parvo is a terrible puppy stomach virus. There is no cure. The puppy either recovers or doesn't. We can't afford to let the vet make him better so if he's not well enough for us to treat at home, I'm hoping his foster mom will take him back. Hopefully the organization she's with has a fund for making sick puppies well. If we have to surrender him, that would have to be okay. And it would be better to lose him and have him live than to have to decide to euthanize and lose him that way.

Dana said...

Oh my gosh, that is so tragic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails