Saturday, December 8, 2007

I'm a Quitter

I just sent an email to the PTA president and vice president resigning my committee chairpersonship. I suck at it. Plus, nobody would help me. So maybe I don't suck at it, but I'm not pushy enough to make people help me, and there was too much to do for just one person. I spent too much time worrying. It actually kept me awake sometimes. After the first of the year, someone has to start planning the spring fling. I'd like to help with that, but I don't want to do the whole thing by myself, and that's what was going to happen. Since I resigned, that job now belongs to the PTA board, which is way bigger than my committee ever was, even when Pete and her stuffed animals came to the meeting. And they can do it together and not expect that I'm doing it when I'm not.

On a more positive note, in the same letter I proposed that they remove the responsibility of membership from this committee and I offered to keep working on this. Last year's chair agreed with me that membership should be a separate thing.

I just don't want to be the social director for a bunch of people who won't help anymore. It's discouraging.

So, yeah, I'm a quitter, but I was very professional about it. I'll post the letter if you're interested. Let me know...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you did the right thing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails