Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Success

The tea party was a great success. Everyone had a good time. And the cake, while not super pretty, came out really good, aside from the fact that it was a very grown up cake and too rich for everyone under the age of 30 except Pete and 1 of her friends... It's my go-to dessert if I ever have grown-ups I want to impress, though. And I'm sure I'll have to make it again for Pete. I don't know if I mentioned that I bought white cup cakes just in case the cake was too grown up (and because Lulu shouldn't have that much chocolate). Those were a big hit. Husbandguy did all the decorating, and he did a great job. There are streamers everywhere! Lulu had a great time chasing the big girls around; she got kind of over-stimulated and was ready for bed when it was time. There was a lot of shrieking and giggling during the party. A LOT of shrieking and giggling. And Berry is sleeping over, which is really cool because Pete never gets to see her at school anymore since she's in first grade and Pete isn't. Berry is a lot of fun to watch movies with. She really gets into them. There's a lot of exclaiming and laughing and whatnot. It's fun.

So, my Saturday? Great Big Gold Star! And I get to make pancakes for breakfast.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails