Thursday, January 31, 2008

Has My Luck Run Out?

If I'm absent tomorrow, don't worry about me. I've been called in to service: Jury Duty! In all the years I've known Husbandguy, he has never been called. He says he went once, but that was before I knew him. I, on the other hand, have been called 4 times. And never had to actually go to the courthouse. The first two times were during finals and I was excused, and the last time they just didn't need me. I'm hoping they won't need me tomorrow (I can find out after 5:30 this evening), but I'm thinking my luck has run out and I'll be downtown all day tomorrow. I guess I should have a lunch packed just in case...

On the plus side, I can take my book and my notebook and get some reading and/or writing done without any distractions. And also, based on my college Latin teacher's jury duty experience, I might actually be too smart to have to sit on a jury. According to him, the lawyers don't want people who think. He said that when he went they asked if anyone had an opinion about the fact that in the US, people are innocent until proven guilty, and when he raised his hand and said that he thought that was a good thing, they dismissed him.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails