Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Back in the PTA Saddle

So on Tuesday, at the Principal's coffee (remember? I help organize those?), the PTA secretary was there, and we talked a little about the role I'd like to have on the PTA. It sounds like they are seriously considering my suggestion that we have a Membership Committee, and she agreed that one person could probably handle that on their own and seemed very pleased that I was interested in that job. And also I think I volunteered for another job that I'm not sure how to do, but I did tell her that I'd only do it if there was someone else leading. We'll see what happens with that... And the principal was happy when I told her I'd like to coordinate her coffees next year if she decides to do them again (why wouldn't I? free coffee!!). Even though I didn't like being a committee chair, I have to admit that I was missing the PTA a little bit. Maybe this will help.

On an unhappy note, the nicest lady, the hardest working volunteer I've ever met, just found out that she has breast cancer. I know you don't know her, but please keep her in your thoughts/prayers/whatever-you-do. She doesn't deserve this.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails