Sunday, April 12, 2009

#5 (a week late)

Just like the last
It came out in the car
And then she dropped it
Before we'd gone far.
Oh no!
So we stopped at a truck stop,
Carefully opened the door,
And there was the tooth
Right there on the floor.
Whew!


Click on the tooth fairy label to read the first 4 lost-tooth poems. Pete's first one came out last April, providing me with needed poetry inspiration and now I'm stuck writing an original poem for each lost tooth. Maybe I'll bind them into a little book when we get to the end of the baby teeth...

April is National Poetry Month so, in honor of that, several other writers and I are posting a poem-a-day for the whole month. If you decide to post a poem too, let me know and I'll post a link so we can all read it.

1 comment:

45+ and Aspiring said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.

This wasn't nearly as gory as I was expecting/hoping for. . . where's the poetic chicken and blood?? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails