Saturday, September 27, 2008

em-are-eye

Thursday, someone took pictures of my brain for about ½ hour. No big deal. Nothing new. Except that this time? The loud and giant machine was in a trailer out back behind the building. Do you have a funny picture in your head now? Because you should. Even though it's probably not accurate. It was a very professional space, all necessarily medically and whatever, and enblazoned on the side of the trailer was a great big "Mobile MRI" logo. But it still amuses me.

About ¾ of the way through my imaging, the man came in to inject contrast into my veins, which, I've been told, are very small. And the whole time he was searching for a vein and doing the injection he complained about how very small my veins are, but in a totally conversational way, like he was just commenting on them. I know he was complaining, though, because he just went on and on. I did give him a little advice about where others have made successful sticks, which he took, while still talking about my little bitty veins. No bruise, though. Good job, buddy!

In case you missed it, you can see a picture of a cross-section of my brain, the top of my spine, and my eyeballs in yesterday's post. I don't see any lesions in this particular cross-section so it's not especially educational for you. But it is weird, isn't it? Ooo, and look! There are my optic nerves!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails