Saturday, March 22, 2008

Stop Me If You've Heard This One

I put Lulu down for her nap after lunch yesterday and thought she was actually going to sleep because I didn't hear anything. I was in and out to and from the garage but didn't hear her at all when I was inside so assumed she had gone to sleep. I was wrong. When I came in to make myself some lunch I heard her yelling. So I went in, and the room was stinky. No big deal. Sometimes she poops right at nap time and needs to be changed before she can sleep. But when I looked closer I realized that she was standing in her bed BOTTOMLESS! I said, "Where is your diaper?!" and she said, "Right there. I take it off." It was hanging neatly on the rail of her crib! I said, "Why did you take your diaper off?! Why didn't you wait for Mommy?" and she said, "It had poopoo in it," like DUH! Husbandguy just laughed and laughed when I called to tell him this. I don't think it's funny. Yet. Exactly. Okay, maybe a little... Pete never did anything like this! Lulu is apparently one of those children about whom people ask the question, "What am I going to do with you?!"

My friend JK in VT said that if we're not quite ready for potty training yet, at least she could change her own diapers!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails