Tuesday, March 11, 2008

And Then She Poked Me in the Eye

Husbandguy made me agree to go to the doctor Monday because I was soooooo sick on Sunday and we both thought I might have strep throat. So when I got up that morning, of course I felt way better! But my throat was still a little sore so I made the appointment anyway. When I got there, they made me wear a mask in the waiting room because it's flu season and they didn't want me to make their well patients sick. A couple of the maskless "well" patients had nicer coughs than mine, but I didn't mind because my mask made me the center of attention and it protected me from all their nasty well-germs.

Do you know how they test you for the flu? They poke you in the eye. Through your nostril! The nurse said, "This goes in your nose. It goes pretty far in." She wasn't kidding! I had to blink a bunch of times after she was done before my eye felt normal again. It isn't flu, though. What I have. And it's not strep either. The doctor gave me a prescription for an antibiotic but said I could wait a couple of days to have it filled in case I start feeling better and don't think I need it. So that's what I'm doing.

Now Husbandguy is all trying to be sick. Just because I was and he can't let me have anything for myself.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails