Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Over the River and Through the Woods...

Except instead of going to Grandmother's house, we went to the Grandpa and Meme's for the holiday. Husbandguy was the valiant horse "pulling the sleigh" through the thronging and puttering traffic. He's cool. And we did actually go over some rivers and through some woods, if not in exactly the same way we would have done 100+ years ago when they didn't have 6-lane bridges to cross on.

We had a Super Nice Time at TG&MM's, like we always do. It's comfortable there. And the girls hardly fought at all; so that was a change from what has been the norm. TG&MM enjoyed having them there (see? and see here? and here?) and the feeling was mutual. HG is hard to read sometimes, but I think he had a good time most of the time. He seemed to enjoy the aquarium and got to watch football all day Saturday with minimal interruptions (compared to at home).

Did I mention I made rolls to bring to Meme's sister's house for Thanksgiving? I didn't mention that? Oh. Well, I did and they were really good and we all had one on Saturday for a snack (4 days later) and they were still good! If only I'd followed the recipe, I could make those rolls again sometime...

Howie stayed at a kennel near here. It's the one the couple at the dog park recommended. I was a little worried about him because he got so sick when we took him away from his first family, but he did well at the kennel. They said he went outside to potty, not in his room, and he played during playtime, and when I picked him up, he was definitely healthy. And very happy to see me. And hungry and thirsty, apparently, because he wolfed down the food I put out for him and I've had to refill his water 4 times in the last 5 hours. And the cost was under $100 for 5 nights. We will definitely be leaving him there again. Honestly, I didn't miss him as much as he missed me. But don't tell him that.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails