Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Couple of Sailors, Is What I've Got

Yesterday, both girls were home with me all day. Pete because she still had a fever and Lulu because it was Tuesday. And the language! Holy cow! Those girls! Husbandguy and I don't swear a lot. Maybe a little more than we used to since we got the dog, but it's rare, especially in front of the girls. And there are some words we never say (like @#!*) because we have good enough vocabularies to express ourselves without the added expletives, but the girls are hearing it somewhere because they both said some stuff yesterday... Hoo! Lulu yelled, "Damn it!" I'll share the blame for that one with HG. We've both been known to say that when uber-frustrated. Pete, though, said "bitch" just to say it. I could blame the TV for this one, but it was my program she was watching when she heard it and we had the discussion about what it means and why it's okay to call a dog that but not a person. She wasn't talking about a girlfriend for Howie, though; she was testing limits. Fortunately neither of them said @#!*...

3 comments:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

It could be my fault... because, you know, I am kind of cussy McCussy sometimes...

But I blame winter.

How's everybody doing? Fever gone yet?

Bee said...

The first time my two year old (now 14) said "oh, shit," I realized that I was going to have to start watching my mouth. I have now trained myself to say "bad word" instead.

BTW, I saw your post below about gingerbread . . . and coincidentally I have just posted about gingerbread men -- but the cookie, not the cake kind. Gingerbread cake is also a favorite of mine, but I've never really settled on one recipe. I'm still playing the field. (Have you seen the King Arthur Wholegrains cookbook? I've made their whole-wheat version a couple of times this fall.)

bel said...

PSP - Has PH repeated you yet? Everyone seems better for the moment (knock on wood). Thanks for asking. Pete's back to her old 6 year-old self. sigh...

Hey, Bee. Thanks for the suggestion. I wonder if I can find that recipe on the King Arthur Flour website.

Related Posts with Thumbnails