Monday, November 5, 2007

The Drop-Off Line - duhn, duhn, duuuhnnn

I tried it today. Lulu didn't want to wait any longer to go to school because she hadn't been since last Wednesday (she was fevery Thursday and Friday - teeth, I think), but I was under the impression that if we went earlier than we usually go we would have to go through drop-off. So we went, and I got in the line with all the other cars, and then I noticed all the cars parked across the street, people walking their children inside, at the drop-off time, not later like they're supposed to. The good thing about this is that now I know we don't have to wait until 10 after to walk in, and also now I know I'm not the only parent who walks their kid into school (it didn't matter that I was, it was just weird), I'm just the only parent who follows the rules (although, not anymore). The bad thing was that being in the drop-off line is like being in the drive-thru at Taco Bell: there's no way out except forward! So I had to let them take her out of the car. She did okay. The director of the school, and so someone familiar, came and got her. She looked confused and a little sad, but she didn't cry. I actually think she would be okay with it if we did it enough. But here's the thing: I didn't get to KISS HER GOODBYE! So all morning I've been thinking about her sad little face and counting the minutes until I can kiss her hello. And I'm not going to do that again anytime soon. But never say never...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails