Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Who the Heck Bought All This Pumpkin?!

When I got home from the grocery store this morning, I was putting the black beans in the pantry and noticed a can of pumpkin sitting where the beans should go.

That's not right, I thought. The pumpkin goes over there behind the 2 cans of tart cherries.

This sounds just like your pantry, right? Everyone keeps pumpkin and cherries on hand for pie emergencies, don't they? They're staples. Right? Like milk. Or flour. Or grapes. Right? (Just say, "Right.")

When I reached to put the pumpkin where it goes I found 2 more cans of pumpkin!

Who bought all the pumpkin and what kind of emergency were they planning for? Seriously. I don't remember buying all that. If I had, I would have thought at some point, You need to stop buying pumpkin. You already have 3 cans. And I definitely did not think that (before today).

I worried for an instant that maybe I was turning into one of those crazy old ladies who hoard strange things like newspapers or slippers or cats. But see, I'm in therapy and the biggest thing I've learned there is that it's usually best to say, "So what?" about situations that worry me. So I did. I thought, So what if I'm the crazy pumpkin lady? and then I made cookies.

4½ dozen pumpkin, raisin, chocolate chip cookies with walnuts. 4½ dozen. Now I'm also the crazy pumpkin cookie lady? So what?

1 comment:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

I have pumpkin, too, if it makes you feel any better. I wouldn't know how to begin to make cookies with it (well, that's a lie, I would log onto the internet and find a recipe)but I do let Husband make me pumpkin pies sometimes.

I also have condensed milk. It makes me feel like Pooh. Winnie-The, not Poo. You probably understood that already.

Hey! Did you know that the two Pooh books you gave me were the first two books I ever read to either one of my boys? You are so great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails