Thursday, March 5, 2009

Vegetarian Burritos (with a side of steak)

I'm trying to have more meatless meals. It's difficult. Mainly because Husbandguy believes he will die of deprivation if he doesn't have some kind of meat for his meals. But during a recent discussion with Meme and the Grandpa, I realized that just because he eats meat, doesn't mean that I have to too. I just need to make sure that everyone has something to eat that will satisfy them.

It's also difficult because I'm only just recently learning to like vegetables. And there are some that I just don't like no matter how many times I try them.

And also, I really like smoked sausage...

So but tonight I made black beans and brown rice with peppers, onions, and tomatoes, and then I George Foreman-ed a skirt steak and cooked some peppers and onions fajita-style. And we made burritos. Mine had beans and rice with cheese and shredded carrots and HG & Pete's had EVERYTHING and Lulu's had cheese and carrots. You know what's weird (other than the cheese and carrot burrito)? I think HG liked my vegetarian meal better than some of my other "real" meals. Probably because I "grilled" skirt steak, which I don't think I've ever done before. He agreed that the side dish* I made this time was one of my best.

I bet he encourages me to make more vegetarian meals with meat on the side.


*the steak

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails