Sunday, November 9, 2008

Remember how I was looking for a Dog and you got tired of my posts about that?
NaNoWriMo is going to be like that.
Sorry!

Just some Novel Randomness for you.

I've tried writing with no coffee, after a couple of cups of coffee, and while drinking coffee, but not Irish coffee. I've tried writing in the middle of the day, while Lulu takes her bath (laptop propped up on the potty lid), and at night after the girls go to bed, but not late at night. I've tried writing with the TV on at the other end of the room (HG and/or the girls watching) and with the TV off, but not in front of the TV. So far, my most productive environment seems to be writing while drinking coffee in the middle of the day with the TV off. I am totally looking forward to Monday.

Husbandguy complained that I'm always sitting at the computer. I reminded him that he is the one who wants me to write a best-seller and that a person has to actually spend time writing to accomplish that. He stopped complaining.

It is awesome and a little unnerving when the characters write their stories themselves. There's this one character who was originally just someone mentioned in a conversation, but somehow she wrangled herself a bigger part. Now she's responsible for completely changing the direction of the story (albeit in a way I had intended it to go).

I'm currently only 3400 words behind, which you will notice is about one day's less words behind than I was a couple of days ago. It occurred to me that I may not win the 50,000-words-in-30-days challenge, but I am still going to try because the closer I can get, the less I'll have to write later.

I have not dreamed about my characters. Apparently they're not real enough yet.

Frankly, I am looking forward to April when I can write poetry all month.

1 comment:

The Grandpa said...

I'm looking forward to April when you can write poetry all month too, because I really enjoyed that when you did. In fact, it's a large part of why I started blogging. But I sure am enjoying hearing about your progress on your novel and enjoying learning about your process. Goos work.

Related Posts with Thumbnails