Friday, May 11, 2007

Grass

I wrote this when I got back from vacation, but it didn't get posted. Since I don't have anything interesting to write about, I guess I'll post it today...

Our office is in this little house with a yard and everything, and since the company owns the building and doesn't "have the funds" for landscape service, we have to maintain the lawn ourselves. While we were away on vacation, there was an unexpected frost that killed everything colorful on the property, but apparently frost is good for grass or something because the lawn is more than 8 inches long! Mr. Co-Worker usually does the yard work because, well, he's the man, but he went on vacation with me, and since he's only part-time and not here all day long, the grass just keeps growing and growing. It looks like Mr. Co-Worker will be working Saturday morning. If I remind Boss 1, who gets really nervous about snakes even though she's never seen one outside a zoo or aquarium, that snakes like to hide in long grass, she'll insist that he get it mowed before it rains tomorrow. Is that too sneaky? It needs to be mowed! I'd do it, but I hurt myself trying to start the mower the last time I tried...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails