Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Found This on my FB Profile

You do this too! Then tell me you did it so we can all share. Okay?

25 Things About ME!!

Rules:
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.


1. I met my husband at Wal-Mart. We rarely shop there anymore.
2. We got married at the courthouse on a rainy Thursday and wouldn't trade that for a big wedding ever.
3. I will talk to you for hours about Multiple Sclerosis if I'm sure you're interested.
4. My girls are my whole world.
5. I love my little 2002 Accord, all 70,000+ miles of it. I wouldn't change anything (except if I had to I would have heated side mirrors and satellite radio).
6. I hate my tiny 2004 ranch and would change everything about it - location, size, stories, yard, kitchen... Especially the kitchen.
7. I like good draft beer, which is interesting only because until 2009 I didn't like beer at all.
8. Chewing noises and other squishy mouth sounds gross me out.
9. I was writing a novel and got to just over 10,000 words and stopped writing and can't seem to start again.
10. I have a tattoo of an elephant on my left shoulder. His name is Toby and he's holding a flower. I got him because Husbandguy said, "You're not the kind to get a tattoo."
11. I rarely follow a recipe when I cook. Recipes are for new or uncertain cooks.
12. I color my hair. Shhhh! Don't tell anyone!
13. If I could live anywhere in the country it would be in a cottage on the coast of Maine. Literally on the coast. Year-round.
14. When my littlest was a baby I celebrated every poopy diaper because they only came every 3 days.
15. My current job is the best job I've ever had and the only one I haven't wanted to quit after 2 years.
16. I wish I spoke more Spanish.
17. I would love to take piano lessons again.
18. I've been to a strip club more than once and had a good time each time.
19. I love to read. And read. And read. And read.
20. I usually have the self esteem of a chunk of concrete.
21. I hate cleaning. I can't throw anything away and prefer only to dust when there's enough dust on everything that dusting makes a visable difference and then only if I have to.
22. I didn't nurse either of my girls, but it wasn't for a lack of desire or effort. It broke my heart to give that first real bottle, but they're both okay so far...
23. Most Tuesdays feel like Friday to me all day.
24. I love my family. The ones near and far away and wish that we all lived a lot closer together than we do.
25. I'm not going to tag anybody but would like you to consider yourself tagged if you want to do this (I'll add a tag for you if you want me to...).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

1. I met my husband at a party I didn't want to go to but was guilted into by a friend who was interested in him! I am still friends with her anyway :)

2. We got married at his church because a day after I sent the wedding invitations out my church burned to the ground. His cousins construction company was doing work on the church before it burned.

3. I will talk and listen to you for hours about the origin of idioms and certain turns of phrases...and John Hughes movies

4. My daughter is my whole world
Don't tell my husband :)

5. I miss my 1980 Chevy Malibu...the stereo was the bomb.

6. I hate my house and my neighborhood, I am admittedly an apartment dweller.

7. I like cold Bud in a bottle...and red wine. I am not a snob. If I like it, it's good :)

8. Heavy nose breathers bother me, especially if there is a whistle involved.

9. I have no desire to write a novel. The very thought of that kind of committment scares the crap out of me.

10. I have no tattoos. Not because of any objection or fear. I could never decide on one.

11. What's a recipe?

12. I color my hair. Shhh, don't tell my hair! It's just shampoo, it's nothing..calm down...

13. If I could live anywhere, huh, probably in Mary Tyler Moore's old apartment. Not the new one at the end of the series but the old one..with the M on the wall..except I'd have an R

14. When my daughter was a baby I would stare at her for hours over the railing of the crib and just watch her breathe.

15. My current job is wonderful but not my favorite. My favorite was being an office manager for a podiatrist. People and their feet.
They bared their soles. Sorry :)

16. I wish I spoke with more confidence. It would be cool to have a team of writers living in my brain feeding me stuff.

17. I hated piano lessons, I would take up guitar lessons now, though.

18. I have been to a strip club, it was more funny than fun.

19. I love to read but find myself getting jealous over great writing.

20. Self Esteem...when I need it I don't have it...When I don't I seem to have an inflated sense of it

21. People who love cleaning are usually paid for it.

22. I didn't nurse either and lied to my lactation consultant that I was so that she would stop calling.

23. Most Tuesdays feel like root canals to me.

24. I love my family though I do wish we were closer and not just geographically.

25. Tag? You're it. No tag backs!

Thanks for the fun!

Peace ~ Rene

45+ and Aspiring said...

I don't have time right now to do this. . . but I didn't know you had been to strip clubs. "Bel, you slut!" ;)

I didn't know you colored your hair. . . (good job).

It's a good thing Husbandguy didn't say you aren't the kind to shoot your foot off. . . and. . .

it's too bad he didn't say, you aren't the type to get a novel finished in 6 weeks!

The Grandpa said...

OK. I had a cool comment until I read R's and 45's. They both rock.

The Grandpa said...

Aw, shucks. I'll put mine up anyway. It wouldn't be a ranch if you changed the stories. I really liked the Freudian nature of that, though. Tell me, which "stories" would you change.

Related Posts with Thumbnails