Thursday, January 7, 2010

LL Says:

You know I have MS, right? And that I give myself a shot every other day for it, right? Well, while we were at the beach, Lulu wanted to watch me have my shot so I let her. I have this spring-loaded machine that actually does the injection for me so she watched me mix the solution and fill the syringe and load the machine and then followed me to the bathroom where I pushed the button and started the injection. Usually my shot hurts a little. Sometimes, not at all. This time, it hurt like crazy so I said, "Ow, ow," quietly so not to alarm her, and she said, with obvious concern, "What, Mommy?" and I said, "It hurts, kiddo." And she exclaimed, "TAKE IT OUT! TAKE IT OUT!" Aw! Poor kid. She's a sweetie sometimes.

Of course, I told her I had to finish my shot before I could take it out and we waited anxiously together and checked to see that I wasn't bleeding when I did finally take it out. Then she laughed at me and ran to tell Husbandguy that she had laughed at Mommy because Mommy was hurting, HAHA! Sometimes she's not so much a sweetie. But she's still pretty cool.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww she really wanted to say that she was brave for you!

But you knew that :)

45+ and Aspiring said...

Interesting gizmo. Thanks for the link.

And she is cool, isn't she? Tee hee.

The Grandpa said...

Always cool.

Related Posts with Thumbnails