Saturday, January 16, 2010

Contradiction

Ew! also AWW! Normally, if Lulu wakes up in the night, she makes a wretched noise and tries her hardest to get us to come to her by wailing and whining and gasping and being generally overdramatic. I have asked her repeatedly not to shriek, "MOMMY!" like she's being eaten by a tiger if she just needs to use the bathroom because it scares me. Last night, though, she woke up and made a retching noise and came out of her room and calmly said, "Mommy?" When I answered, she said (calmly), "Would you come into my room?" At a time when a little drama would have been acceptable (she had thrown up in her bed), she was as mature and calm and level-headed as can be.

I love that kid!

1 comment:

The Grandpa said...

Nice moment. It says a lot about her.

Related Posts with Thumbnails