Sunday, October 19, 2008

Spooky Things

Last night, Husbandguy and I went to the haunted amusement park down the highway from here. It's not always haunted, just in October and then only after dark. We met some friends of ours and there were no children (who belonged to us) and we got to go on the big people rides. It was awesome.

And I looked totally cute: smoky eye shadow and dark red lips and nails and a spider web design T-shirt over a long sleeve T - the perfect effect for the dark park. Frankly, I was irresistible. That was awesome too.

There are these people who work there and it's their job to sneak up on you and scare/startle you. I generally don't like that kind of thing so I just made certain to be mindful of the fact that, even though these people looked creepy and gross and dead and stuff, they were just employees of the park and I wasn't scared once. In fact, the one guy who snuck up on me got so close before I noticed that I thought I'd almost bumped into him, and I said, "Excuse me!" HG and our friends got a big kick out of that. I guess I'm too polite sometimes.

We had so much fun. We got to go on the big people rides (I know I already said that, but it's a big deal because it's been 6 years since we've been able to do it). The only problem with the night was that it was very dark on the rides and they were disorienting, which wasn't good with my sometimes balance issues. I got to go on 3 before I was done, though, and HG and the other wife only rode 2 more before the park closed so I don't feel like I missed anything.

And it was free, if you don't count the gas we used to get there (we have season passes).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't it nice to be able to go out and just be a bunch of nutty kids again? I love it!

Peace - Rene

Related Posts with Thumbnails