Thursday, October 2, 2008

Spilling Secrets

I wasn't sure if I was going to tell you guys about this, but I guess I will. I trust you...

I met with my PhDoctor yesterday for a whole hour. She had already decided from our first meeting that I have a generalized anxiety disorder (who doesn't?), but yesterday something I said gave her the impression that I also have social anxiety. Um, DUH!

I had already self-diagnosed and here's my diagnosis of me: I have social anxiety, which is due to my minuscule self-esteem. I also have generalized anxiety and rare episodes of mild depression; these are secondary* to my social anxiety. Husbandguy could probably have told you that if he had the terminology - although he probably would have made a joke about me just being nuts. I told her that I already know these things about myself but don't know what to do about them. She told me to make another appointment.

*caused by

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, that's me all over!

But it was ADD.

Unfortunately the ADD was diagnosed in my 30's. That explains a lot of why I wasn't so much the scholar.

We didn't know so much about it waaay back in the 70's.

The inability to focus, self centered social anxiety ( you know that insatible desire to instantly be loved by everyone we come in contact with?)

read this:
http://www.estronaut.com/a/women_attention_deficit.htm

That is the most accurate description of what I went to my doctor with.

I manage my ADD with meds now but, I'd like to try using supplements coupled with diet and excercise because I really don't like the long term usage side effects.

Thank goodness for blogging.

Peace - Rene

Related Posts with Thumbnails