Today I learned:
- My audience is even younger than I thought.
- Lulu's adventures do translate into cute stories.
- Today I am able ignore the little voice in my head that says, "This is too terribly simple. That character should have a name. You should go back and write what she was feeling right now instead of going on. Etc." Turns out there's another voice in my head that knows those things can wait.
- If I get to write every day, I will need to write 1700 words a day to win NaNoWriMo. Since I don't get a lot of time to write on the weekends, I am shooting for closer to 2500 words a day. Today it was easy. Tomorrow?
- The NaNo website is busy at 1:30 in the afternoon on Day 1.