Friday, September 3, 2010

Another One About Growing Up

My 4 year-old uses air quotes. And she uses them correctly to indicate that the term she is using doesn't mean exactly what it sounds like.

My 8½ year-old was so brave at the doctor today. He wanted to treat the warts on her chest that her pediatrician hadn't frozen the other day, and he admitted it would be uncomfortable. Pete, at first, refused, covering the little patch with both hands. I offered my hand and told her it would be over quickly, but she still refused. After he explained, though, that it would be uncomfortable to treat them but without treatment they would never go away (I wish I could remember what he said exactly because it was really great), she unclenched her fists from each other and extended her hand to me and took a deep breath and toughed it out. I was so very proud of her.

sigh... no more babies...

3 comments:

Omgirl said...

You know, that's a good life lesson she just learned. A lot of things are painful at the time but save us so much more pain down the road if we don't take care of them now. Good for you and the doc for allowing her to learn that lesson!

septembermom said...

Love that she uses air quotes. Too funny. Your 8 1/2 year old is a brave one. I'm glad that she's okay.

CandCFamily said...

How brave!

Related Posts with Thumbnails