Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Ham's Cheesiness

Lulu is a character. Seriously. Her Self is WAAAY too big for her tiny, 3t-size body. Which is probably why she's always bursting with something mirthful or terrible. The terrible gives me a headache and sometimes tears, but the other cracks me up. An example:

The other day I waited all day for Pete to get home from school so we could bake a cake together, but when she got home, she didn't want to help me. I was disappointed. I had been looking forward to Pete helping me with this cake. So I said so, but Pete really didn't want to. Sigh... Lulu, though, was watching the whole thing and came to my rescue. My not-quite-3-year-old stood all of her 32 inches up off the floor and strolled over to where I was sitting. Gently placing her hand on my shoulder, she looked into my eyes and said in her most calming and serious voice, "I'll help you, Mommy," like she was caring for someone on the verge of a breakdown. Then she took her hand off my shoulder and explained, in that same tone with unhurried gestures, all about how she would help, and when she was finished explaining, she put her soft little hand back and said, "Okay, Mommy? I can help you make a cake. Okay?" Of course she helped. How could I pass up such a sweet offer?

I sure do like that kid...

3 comments:

septembermom said...

What a cute little story! My three year old has those tender moments too. It's a sweet age when they want to help you feel better. Let's enjoy this time while it's here:)

septembermom said...

I'm back again! I left you an award on my blog today :)

Maria Rose said...

Oh, that is such a sweet story!

Related Posts with Thumbnails