Monday, April 7, 2008

Stupid Viruses!

Guess who had the whole family at the ER Friday night? Husbandguy. But not because he was sick; just because he didn't want to take Lulu there for her croup by himself and let Pete and me actually rest. So from 10:30 PM to 3:00 AM, we were all awake and awaiting the inevitable steroid shot and the okay to go home. They did eventually let us wait in an exam room, which was way better than the waiting room except for the creepy Wiggles puppets on the TV in the exam room. Don't watch the Wiggles video "Yummy, Yummy" at 2:00 in the morning unless you want to be creeped out. Seriously. Seriously. I had to look away. If you Google "Wiggles Puppets," you'll probably come across a YouTube video called "Creepiest 4 minutes of children's TV ever..." Those are the puppets I'm talking about. Eeeee!

We did finally get out of there. Pete was disappointed because it didn't take long enough for us to stop for breakfast on the way home (I was too in a way because it seems like you should get something after spending 4½ hours in the ER - I mean aside from a well baby - but I had to be all mom-like and get my children to bed - what's wrong with me?). And the rest of the weekend was a bust. Only 50% of us got dressed on Saturday. Lulu was running a fever both Saturday and Sunday and was absolutely not feeling well (although, not croupy). And this morning, she was wheezing! AAAUUGGHHH! Remember before? When we went on vacation with a nebulizer? Yeah, that was fun. Weirdly, the girls are on spring break this week. There's something about vacation, apparently...

So she's napping, Pete's watching Spongebob, and I'm taking a break. I think I might watch Spongebob and eat granola with Pete when I'm done here. Send happy thoughts our way for the rest of our spring break. We had such great plans...

2 comments:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

Bless y'all's heart! Sick sucks! Babies being sick is scary and un-fun. PH has faucetty nose issues and seems to be suffering a cold, but hopefully that will be where it stops. Feel better, Lulu!

Anonymous said...

I'm sending happy thoughts your way.Plans can come back together just as easily as they fall apart if you let them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails