Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Musing

When Lulu was very little, it seemed like I was constantly inspired to wax poetic for or about her. I referred to her as my Little Muse; I saw poetry in her asking me to read to her or in how much she makes me think of my grandma; I made up little rhymes about changing her diaper or the fact that she didn't eat anything except ham and/or ketchup for a period.

Now she is all grown up. She's almost 5, and while she still amazes and challenges me every day, I don't seem to be as likely to bust-a-rhyme about/for her as I was. What gives? What am I missing? What have I lost? And how do I get it back?

-----------------

NPM, day 12

Poem removed by author

Thank you.

4 comments:

septembermom said...

Love it! The voice comes across defined and resolute. The way it flows is perfect.

Can you believe that I actually did a J post with a poem today?? Miracle of miracles...there may be hope for me this month. LOL.

Here's the link and thanks.

http://myvoicemyview.blogspot.com/2011/04/j-is-for-jolt.html

Charmaine Clancy said...

That's completely natural. You'll still find inspiration there from time to time, but once our children start kindy or 1st grade, we start to search for fulfillments that affect us as.... gasp... individual 'people'. It comes as a shock because we've spent so long being mother 24hrs. It's possible to be a fantastic mum and also have time for you - enjoy!

Judy Roney said...

I love this! What a wonderful retirement and I bet those that read this will be thinking, "why didn't I retire sooner!". :) Wonderful life that you have resigned yourself to!

http://judyidliketosay.blogspot.com/2011/04/precious-one.html

The Grandpa said...

I came back to the life after I resigned from it. It's tough, but I wouldn't have it any other way. It will not go away, and you'll be here because you still have a lot to give.

Related Posts with Thumbnails