Thursday, March 15, 2012

Yesterday I…

Well, I didn’t quite finish my to-dos from yesterday. One out of three’s not terrible, is it? Wait. It’s 2 out of 4, that’s 50%. That’s not bad.

The postal carrier drove off with my picture book manuscript. If, by June 15th, I have not heard anything, I supposed I’ll have to hire myself an illustrator and self-publish it. At least I’m not giving up.

Then, I realized that I only have 2 poems worth submitting. I’d really like to have 3. Those last 2 sentences make me sad… Maybe today I’ll look around for a contest or something that only wants 1 poem, or 1 poem at a time.

And also, maybe today I’ll raid my journal for any poetry worth revising…

Instead of that, though, I signed up for the April A to Z Challenge (click the widget on the side there for more info). You may recall (or can look back and see) that I have, in the past, devoted April to poetry (because, duh, April is National Poetry Month) by challenging myself and you-selfs to write a poem-a-day. Honestly, the past 2 years, I’ve fallen short. I’m a slug.

I blame my muse. She is growing up. And she goes to school all day and isn’t around inspiring me because kindergarten is important or something. To hear her talk, it’s more of a social-club than a school, though. And the bigger one is a tween. ‘Nuff said.

Maybe I’ll A to Z poetry somehow and combine the 2 challenges. You should check back in April and see.

I didn’t type up my story scraps. That’s to-do today. I hope it will help.

And I did do a little blog lurking and commenting and added more to my list to follow. Oh! And of followers! Hello, Word Nerd!!

Plus also I went to the grocery store. I’m awesome!!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Hello!

I found you over at the A - Z challenge and just wanted to pop by and say hi :) That sounds like a great idea combining the A - Z with poetry somehow. You could do just one poem a week or something to take the pressure off, I don't know, but I'm looking forward to reading your blog during the challenge :)

Good luck with the manuscript, stay positive :)

Nice to meet you :)

Shannon Lawrence said...

I know you didn't accomplish everything you had wanted, but I feel like what you did accomplish is something to be proud of. Don't beat yourself up. I think a poem a day will be fun!

Shannon at The Warrior Muse, co-host of the 2012 #atozchallenge! Twitter: @AprilA2Z

Luana Krause said...

Good luck on the a to z challenge. I did it last year and it was definitely a challenge but I met some new friends and followed some interesting blogs. Blessings.

Omgirl said...

If I make it to the grocery store, I consider it a totally sucessful week! Congratulations!

Oh, and I haven't written poetry since high school. I think one a day in April may be a bit too ambitious. How about if I promise to write A poem in April? That I might be able to handle. Although these days it may come out more like Dr.Seuss than Browning. Sigh...

Related Posts with Thumbnails