Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sooo? Whatcha Been Doin’?

Well, I’ll tell ya…

I got a job and I love my job, but it keeps me busy and so I haven’t been blogging. Or writing much, really, except for journaling when I think of it.

I’ve been reading. Currently I’m reading Runaway, a collection of short stories by Alice Munro, which I am loving. I had veered off my preferred sunlit and wildflower-lined path of short-story writing to spend some time in the murky swampland of poetry and am hopeful that reading stories will start the story cogs running again. So far, so good. I have this idea…

I did get a couple of worthwhile poems out of my detour. I’ve never been able to say that before!

Oh, and this:

We Are Poets! 002

The girls’ school has a sort of “gallery crawl” every spring. Guest artists spend the month of February working with a class on some sort of project to be showcased in March at the crawl (in the rooms and halls of the school). I spent February turning a classroom full of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders into published poets. It was a lot of fun (I am REALLY glad it’s almost over). This could be what inspired my longing for prose again…

If I can stay off Facebook – well, cut back on my FB time (can’t abandon my WWF friends and everyone needs to see photos of Pete and Lulu doing awesome Pete and Lulu stuff), maybe I can trade it for blogging again. I’ve missed it.

How about you? What have you been up to?

Now to go get my readers back…

3 comments:

septembermom said...

You have been a busy gal. I love that you published all those wonderful poets. What a nice gift to them all :) Hope you're doing well my friend. I have been crazy busy myself. I need to write more though. Are you going to try the poetry month challenge this year?

bel said...

Ohh... National Poetry Month... Um...

I hadn't even thought about the poem-a-day challenge. Will you do it with me if I do?

The Write Girl said...

Welcome back Bel! Thanks for sending me a message. I've just been busy blogging and writing a little poetry book. Hope you are doing well. The grade school project sounds so awesome. Sounds like you've been very creative with your time. Happy blogging!

Related Posts with Thumbnails