Monday, May 17, 2010

Once Again, Proud. of. Pete.

Pete had her Guild audition this past Saturday. It was in the same church where they had it last year, but they had added windows to the back of the sanctuary so I could actually see and hear her as she played this time. I tried not to stare because I didn't want to make her nervous, but when she was playing, I did sneak peeks since her back was to me and I knew hoped she wouldn't be looking behind her while she played. You'll never guess how she did. Seriously. Guess. Fine, I'll just tell you that she did AWESOME. Of course. And later that day we got an email from her teacher saying that she scored a "Superior." I can't wait to see her report card on Tuesday because you can't score a "Superior" without doing really well at a bunch of things.

Then on Sunday, the children's choir director had invited children who hadn't been in choir during the year to come and sit in for rehearsal and just give it a try (anyone could have joined at any time, but the invitation was kind of a come-see-what-it's-about-now-that-we're-done-learning-songs-for-services-so-you'll-know-you-want-to-sing-with-us-next-year), and Pete went. She sat with her arms crossed the whole time, but her lips were moving and she was paying attention so I think the arm-crossing was protective rather than defensive. And when it was over, she came right up to me and said, "I want to do this next year." AW! Me too!! I mean for her. I want her to do that next year too.

The church's music director had stopped by to play the piano for that rehearsal, which I imagine he doesn't always do since he's got his own choirs to direct and stuff, and after it was over, he caught my eye and said, "[Bel], you play piano, right?" and somehow that turned into me bringing home some music to learn so I can accompany them next week. So that was cool. Or whatever.

But this post is about Pete. Please join me in celebrating my Musical Child. I've always wanted a Musical Child.

Plus, also, she's just really cool in general.

3 comments:

The Grandpa said...

Fantabulous Pete!

Shannon said...

What a great post. :) I've tried learning and instrument (a few times) and have failed miserably. I think a musical child is just the answer.

Congratulations!

septembermom said...

Hooray for your superior Pete!! It's great to have such a love of music in your family.

Related Posts with Thumbnails