Friday, October 16, 2009

Natural Remedies and The Crud

So it turns out that adrenalin and sheer will power are enough to keep a cold at bay for at least 2 weeks. For the last 2 weeks of rehearsal before the Follies, I was ignoring something. It caused me to wake up with full-fledged laryngitis one morning, from which I recovered before rehearsal, and had me singing in the tenor range the morning of the show, but all the happy-energy chemicals one produces when in the presence of like-minded friends doing something incredibly fun made it possible for me to sing in the right octave well before the show. I refused to be sick and so I wasn't.

Unfortunately my life has returned to the same old same old (for the moment) and my adrenalin supply seems to be waning and so now I am sick. And the stupid virus is apparently ticked off about having to wait. But no fever. So no flu. Just The Crud.

3 comments:

septembermom said...

So sorry. Hope you feel better soon :)

The Grandpa said...

Bummer. Now get back on stage so you can get rid of it!

(PS--used to happen to me all the time when I taught. The minute I turned in grades from the semester my body thought it was okay to collapse.)

The Grandpa said...

Also, are you doing NaNoWriMo?

Related Posts with Thumbnails